As usual, nothing to do but sit in bed while recovering from 4 days of high 39deg fever and the unplanned scope surgery with no anesthesia whatsoever. Since last Wednesday my health has been an absolute mess and I freaking hate it. No such thing as run of the mill flu and fever for me. My body goes either extreme or nothing.
But today, thankfully, I feel a lot better. Still running a fever but 37.5 is child's play to the 39 I've been having. Plus my appetite is back and I don't feel absolutely freezing anymore. So that's good.
My sweetest Marco the Man bought the herbal black chicken soup for me as per my craving and came all the way over just to hug me and see me for 5 minutes and call me his little glass girl that the wind could break. And these are the littlest things that I am the most grateful for in times like that. It means absolutely so much to me that someone cares so much for me to do that. It may seem like the smallest most common act between 2 people who say they love each other, but in this nasty day and age of selfish superficialness, it's naught but talk. And that's why I am so grateful for him.
Maybe I'm talking out of the tint of love, but one year in, don't tell me it's the honeymoon period anymore. Each day I feel this love growing like a seed within me, its roots embracing tightly, deeply within me. A comfortable strength, enough to hold me down through a storm but not enough to strangle me. Today when I saw him standing there with his oversized shirt, I feel like I could handle anything. It almost feels like my pain and fever and frailness could have disappeared in an instant. He even seems to be getting more and more handsome as the days goes by. I wonder that is possible but apparently it is.
Our 1 year anniversary is in two days time and hopefully I will be healed up enough by then to go out with him to celebrate! I love you, Marco the Man. My man.
Kisses.
No comments:
Post a Comment